Laying floor tiles with no more nails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have about 12x12" floor tiles to lay onto marine ply in my bathroom. has anyone ever used no more nails and is this a good idea?

Sponsored Links
It's probably too flexible and the tiles may crack when walked on.

Sponsored Links
It's flexible for weeks. Take a look at the nozzle of a tube that's been sitting for a few weeks - it's still very flexible. It sets firm eventually - but he's got to walk on it way before that.

That's because the product in nozzle is in a nearly anerobic situation which slows the curing process markedly. This will not happen on ply.
If you haven't got a clue Joe, don't guess. Like I said before.... get back to the general discussion forum where your inane witterings are more readily accepted. You're just wasting the reader's time and making yourself look like a fool in this section.

so why is it that you seem to come and go in the tiling forum. You come on here, spout sh*te, wind people up then go away for a few months. Why? Are you ill? Is your life so devoid of affection that you crave any kind of affection? Kids get that you know.
It’s not just the tiling forum GC, have a look in plastering :rolleyes: As to the rest of it, who the hell knows why; but I think you probably just made him smile & that's probably why he does it. What’s sad, as I’ve said before, his posts can actually be accurate & succinct when he wants them to be so & I do believe that Joe has many guises! :LOL:

Mr GC I'm shocked :eek: that you rose to his bait.Many times I have seen your warnings not to take notice of dear Joe and heeding your advice I have ignored the argumentive sections of his posts.

ok so you say it stays flexible for ages, so what happens when it finally sets? tiles need to move and dont. snappy snappy snap snap.

It's just not suitable. I'm glad you agree. Now convince Gareth.

So I was pis.sed. :p
I've noticed in the past that if you question the fool as to why he comes and goes, he generally fooks off for a bit. I just got a bit carried away due to alcohol.
The crazy thing is that yes he's recommended not to use no maore nails to stick tiles down.... no one will argue with that. It's just the reasons he's giving - he's changed from saying it's too flexible to agreeing that it's not flexible enough. Just more evidence that he hasn't got a clue. Seems like he's realised my name is Gareth... wow, never made a secret of it. :rolleyes: . I wonder if he's prepared to reveal his name?

Yawn.....Zzzzzz.z.zz.z.z.z

I think the jist of it is DO NO USE "NO NAILS" BUT USE PROPER TILE ADHESIVE INSTEAD.
(as well as doing a better job it will be a damn sight cheaper to do it properly anyway).

Now can we stop the farting around guys. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back