Laying Interlocking laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen is in the shape of 2 slightly offset rectangles, one part being an extension added to the original some years ago. I also have just had new units fitted (without plinths so far) so have difficulty in finding a 'good' wall to use as a 'starter' for the flooring. I would like to start from the link between the two rectangles and work outwards in both directions. Thus, I would finish up around or just beyond the legs of the units. Thereafter, the unit plinths would be fitted. Are there any reasons why that should not be my plan of attack?

Sponsored Links
Erm.... only that when you are working in the non standard direction, you'll have to lift the previous board to slip the new board into place, if you follow my meaning.
Personally, I'd try and get it looking right on the most noticable wall and work from there.

Andwillhon said:
Thus, I would finish up around or just beyond the legs of the units. Thereafter, the unit plinths would be fitted. Are there any reasons why that should not be my plan of attack?
Just beyond the legs of th units (a little bit) Then cut the plinths to the new size and presto: nice job neatly finished.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back