Laying new drainage without leaky joints (with photo)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm relaying my sewer, as the cowboys who originally laid it put it straight on soil so it resembled a rollercoaster up and down.

I've still got some gravel to put down before the Building inspector comes. But I've noticed a slight drip from one of the manholes. So I'm thinking it won't pass the pressure test.

All the pipes are pushfit with rubber seals, so how can I stop leaks, short of buying new fittings and hoping they fit better?

Any ideas much appreciated, thanks

Shot at 2007-08-12

Sponsored Links
still looksa bit ropey mate. i'd get more suport under chambers and joints. which ones leaking??

either there is a rubber seal missing or the the pipe's not sitting square thus spraining the joint.

pushfit underground drainage is very versatile and remarkably easy to work with. it is quite difficult to get wrong, particularly with the amount of bends and fittings available.

SweetTrolley said:
still looksa bit ropey mate. i'd get more suport under chambers and joints. which ones leaking??

Yes I know, I ran out of pea gravel and can't get a delivery until Tuesday, plus I wanted to get the joints sorted before I pack the pipes too well.

It's the 2nd chamber from the bottom of photo which is dripping slowly where it enters from the right. Come to think of it, the pipe did slip in very easily so the rubber seal probably is missing, I'll investigate.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
juarst block off the out pipes insude the chamber and if theres no seal the water will ****s out

SweetTrolley said:
juarst block off the out pipes insude the chamber and if theres no seal the water will p****d out

I've had a look to see if the seals are there. They are, they just don't form a really tight fit. With a chamber full of water I get a drip every 2 seconds, so it's hardly bad!

I managed to get another bag of gravel today and had the Building Inspector round. He Passed it!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back