New drainage layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have loaded a plan of my drainage. I am doing an extension and so need to move some drains. Because of this work i have also decided to tap into the main sewer from my own drive, rather than currently going all the way round to my neighbours and exiting down their drive (semi set up).

We are on a combined system here and i have found out the front down pipe is connected to the mains, which means i can just redirect all my drains into here.

I have done a drawing and wondered if i need to add more manholes.

Do i need one round the back where i have the drainage next to the neighbours wall and in between my new extension ?

Would you have a manhole where my system connects into the main, at the end of my drive.

Any problems, issues you see with my set up please let me know.

Attachments

• drainage layout.pdf
    98.9 KB · Views: 156
Sponsored Links
Need a chamber at every change of direction, and on any blind junctions. Basically, every section of the drain needs to be accessible for rodding if required. I'd put a chamber on the connection to the existing sewer too, but ultimately Building Control will have the final say.

Ok, cheers. Need one by the wall where run starts then, and where it connects to the sewer near pavement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back