Laying Paving in Gravel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Having bought a house half of the front garden is gravel. Its quite deep too (about 20cm). We need to lay slabs so we can get the second car off the road.

Anyone got any advice on how I can do this? is it a case of trying to keep some of the gravel back using boards or add more sand?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
move the gravel.

if you dont car will stay where it is and slab will become great projectile

if your going to use it for a car then you will need to put down a bed of MOT stone chippings and mortar them down, after youve got the gravel out of the way

8" of gravel?!?!? I'm surprised you can walk over it, let alone get a car on it! No wonder you wanna slab it. Yes, get rid of all that nasty gravel (build a deck and use the gravel under it, perhaps) and do the job all proper-like.

Sponsored Links
Think this might be a job for a pro to be honest, or I will just have to re-landscape the front garden and so it correctly.

Ta for the advice though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back