Lead Flashing Above Bay Window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently re-coated some old lead flashing in Evercryl as it had some small pin pricks and cracks in it. It seems to have done the job and to be fair its never leaked, it was mostly done to try and make it look neater. However it really hasn't and i'm left wondering if there is anything else I can do to neaten things up? I'm happy to get the flashing redone but i'm not sure if it would still look naff and if there are any other options?

Hopefully the attached pic should help explain what I mean!

thanks!
Dave

Attachments

• 2020-08-05 15.39.23.jpg
    2020-08-05 15.39.23.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 819
Sponsored Links
My neighbour installed some red tiles on top of the lead and they look very good.
He made them stick out by about an inch so the lead is only visible if you're very close.
Might be an option.

My neighbour installed some red tiles on top of the lead and they look very good.
He made them stick out by about an inch so the lead is only visible if you're very close.
Might be an option.
Ah that's not a bad idea. Stupid question but how would you stick tiles to such a small ledge of lead?

Thanks

I think he chased the render and sank them in as well as using roofing adhesive between lead and tiles.

Sponsored Links
might have to look into the tiling option.

is there any sort of pvc capping i could put over the lead maybe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back