Leaking flue on combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester green Star combi 30si.

The component which I believe is the flue going outside the garage from boiler has a leak at two of the joints as you can possibly see in the attached pic.

Simple question, is this a DIY'able fix or is it compulsory for this to be seen to by a Gas Safe engineer?

In any case how much work would be involved? Is it repairable or better to replace the flue? Approx cost to resolve from a Gas Safe engineer?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20190114_111410.jpg
    IMG_20190114_111410.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 352
Sponsored Links
That flue should have been clipped securely on every section not just floating in mid air. I'm surprised that issue hasn't been picked up before.
Cost depends whether it can be repaired as is or you need a new flue.

Sponsored Links
From the colour of the water it appears the flue is rusting from those joints, so your better of getting it replaced.

Will cost £250-£350 including labour, at least. Could be a lot more. Depends on rates in your area.

Last edited:
Looks the right flue....good luck sticking the probe in the elbow test point!. New seals needed I expect and a clip or two. Clamps require screwing too.

Cheers all!

I've been away on hols so forgot to post back. Anyway have a local Gas Safe engineer coming out tonight to service and take a look at the flue.

Also surprised the 'floating flue' has not been picked up prior.. all the work was done long before I got this place but it has been too seen to since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back