leaking heat exchanger??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ferroli Optimax 25c combi boiler which is losing pressure.

I have looked for a leak without success on the rads and pipework that I can see but most pipes are under concrete. There is no sign of dampness anywhere.

It is not losing pressure from the PRV but I have recently found a small leak from the boiler which seems to have now stopped after I tightened a connection. Someone said it may be a leaking heat exchanger.

Could this be the case and if so how can i confirm this before I end up having to dig up floors looking for a leaking pipe?

I am also regularly bleeding the heated towel rail (and topping up afterwards) - do't know if this is relevent

Any help gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Turn the boiler off on the isolating valves underneath and if pressure still drops,its the boiler that is leaking . If not you have a leak on the system

Sponsored Links
I dunno where it is on that boiler but look at the top or possibly on the pump or could even be inside which is behind the sealed casing ( Always best to have a registered installer to in the casing seal area ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back