Leaking over bath glass pivoting shower screen ..... help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am hoping someone can give me an answer to an issue I have with a leaking shower screen. It is a pivoting glass screen with a push on rubber seal at the bottom. The issue seems to be at the round pivoting bit and the rubber seal, since the pivot point is round and the seal straight there is a very small gap and water is leaking onto the floor.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can resolve this as its driving me mad and I have looked at every forum on the web for an answer and cant find what I'm looking for! :cry:

Sponsored Links
The seal should run up past the hinge to prevent this, a new seal can be easily purchased, [ebay] and cut to fit correctly.

if you have a leak at the pivot point try moving the shower head to direct the water away from the hinge
is it on the same wall as the pivot if so alter the angle about 10 degrees up and tip the shower head slightly to direct the water more towars the wall

if the hinge type is where the plastic bracket stops the bottom seal get a roll off 2"[50mm] selotape clean and dry the screen then fold a length of tape back on its self with 4" sticky exposed and 4" to overlap into the bath
not pretty but not so obvious

No one knows the answer to this question anywhere on any forum.
I am a plumber and kitchen fitter. I have asked about and tried 3 differently designed seals on my own shower screen. I have tried cutting it at an angle to flap past the hinge (as per the fitting instructions), I have siliconed it and cut it so it can open and meet up again when the screen is in line with the bath. I have put a face flannel down by the hinge to absorb the water. Nothing ever works. Nothing. Water just ****es out of the little gap by the hinge no matter what.
It has to be poor design. I am seriously thinking of ripping the whole thing out and fitting a large walk in shower instead.
I will be amazed if anyone knows how to solve this problem properly. Especially without the use of sellotape.

Sponsored Links
No one knows the answer to this question anywhere on any forum.
I am a plumber and kitchen fitter. I have asked about and tried 3 differently designed seals on my own shower screen. I have tried cutting it at an angle to flap past the hinge (as per the fitting instructions), I have siliconed it and cut it so it can open and meet up again when the screen is in line with the bath. I have put a face flannel down by the hinge to absorb the water. Nothing ever works. Nothing. Water just ****es out of the little gap by the hinge no matter what.
It has to be poor design. I am seriously thinking of ripping the whole thing out and fitting a large walk in shower instead.
I will be amazed if anyone knows how to solve this problem properly. Especially without the use of sellotape.
Sad inditement of some plumbers abilities .(It’s an 8 year old post).

Last edited:
One that you are also still reading and posting on, with no answer to the original 8 year old problem?
Thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back