Leaking Plastic Compression Joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I've cocked up! I have installed a shower pump however the outlet valve of the pump is leaking. It connects to a copper pipe via a plastic nut and olive and I think I have overtightened this causing the valve to distort. I have bought a new nut and olive and tried fitting a new copper pipe but it leaks constantly. I have tried PFTE tape but this doesnt seem to do the job. Any ideas other than a new pump.

Sponsored Links
I have to assume this is taking place in the back corner of an airing cupboard and the pipe route is torterous. Try using plastic with a little give to allow you to get the fitting square on. First remove pump from tight corner and redress the thread with a brass compression nut with great care.

All the shower pumps that I've seen have flexible connectors from the pump outlets and inlets, typically with push-fit connections to copper or plastic pipe. Which shower pump is this?

sorry I was answering as though this was a dish washer, didn't read it properly. The Saniflow shower pump has flexible connectoir that fits solvent weld overflow pipe, you can buy a rubber bung which fits inside a 40mm push fit t which accepts the overflow pipe. Put that t on your washing machine waste before the trap..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back