Leaking radiator valves-no drain valve (?)-Plumbers in W Lon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm hoping to get some advice. I bough a house about 18 months ago now and have since done some decorating but I didn't get anyone to look at the electrics or plumbing.

Since then I've had to have had issues (I didn't have a filling loop on my system and my water tank needed replacing) with my boiler. I've called out about 5 different plumbers (including British Gas) and all have advised me that I will eventually need to replace my boiler as it's 14 years old and that I would be better off with a combi boiler rather than the system boiler I have now.

Since then I've had some quotes to do the work but I'm not sure I'm being taken advantage of or not.

I was wondering if I could get some advice on finding a good, reliable plumber in West London (Ickenham) who look at the system and advise me as to the best course of action and what I should be looking to pay.

I should add that I currently have two leaking radiator valves and that I need to resolve this soon as I have water under my floor and I don't want that to damage the wood work, walls or foundations.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,
. I've called out about 5 different plumbers (including British Gas) and all have advised me that I will eventually need to replace my boiler as it's 14 years old and that I would be better off with a combi boiler rather than the system boiler I have now.

To paraphrase Mandy Rice - Davies " They would wouldn`t they "

So then how do I work out if these Plumbers are cowboys? Why is it so difficult to find good reliable trades people in London as compared to anywhere else in the country?

Any plumbers want come give me a quote for the work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back