Leaking running outlets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really have no idea as to the technicalities of roofing and need some clarity on the cause.

The gutting for my house (semi detach) has a shared downpipe at the front and back. Both the running outlets leak badly and I think that the problem is due to the facia boards for each house not being level. Next door's facia boards are about 2 CM further out than mine so we have off set gutters. Is this offset a likely cause and if so how do I rectify the problem.

Sponsored Links
Certainly that will be the cause of your leakage.....a difficult one to cure and gawd knows why its like that anyway, but the only real way to sort it is to pack out the brackets on the facia's that are set back until you get a straightish line. About 3 brackets should be enough, and adjust the thickness of the packers to suit.
John :)

Have the n'bours had there fascia cladded recently?

I take it the outlets are in the centre of the building?

Burnermans suggestion makes sense, unless you choose to clad your fascias with plastic...?

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I had a trawl around the internet and found that you can get spacers to put behing the gutter clips to level out the two runs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back