leaking service valve - vaillant vcw 282

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The service valve on the CH flow of my vaillant vcw 282 boiler is leaking from around the quarter-turn screw. I can't seem to find a part number in the manual I have - does anyone know if these are available as spare parts, or if I can replace it with a standard isolation valve? If it is replaceable, can this be done without removing all the other connections from the boiler (it isn't obvious from the installation manual that dis-assembly is anything other than the reverse of assembly, which would be very annoying).

Any advice much appreciated! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant central heating service valve 014731, thats the 282E
You will have to drain down to change it

Grum

Thanks guys, but I don't think that's the right part :?: . That looks like a right-angled connector from any pictures I can find of it, and it's a straight connector I need, 3/4 bsp at the bottom end and whatever size at the boiler end.

Sponsored Links
thats the wrong part. Im not sure if they come individually, there is a part number for the whole set I'll try and look it up tomorrow.

cheers mickyg,

The part number I have from the manual for the whole connection group is 9313, but i couldn't find it for sale anywhere. And if a single valve is 40 quid, i'd imagine the connection group would be pushing on 200?

Does anyone know the size of pipe from the boiler into this valve? I'm presuming it's not 22mm because nothing seems to be that simple, and that would preclude me from fitting a different service valve?

cheers mickyg,

The part number I have from the manual for the whole connection group is 9313, but i couldn't find it for sale anywhere. And if a single valve is 40 quid, i'd imagine the connection group would be pushing on 200?

Does anyone know the size of pipe from the boiler into this valve? I'm presuming it's not 22mm because nothing seems to be that simple, and that would preclude me from fitting a different service valve?

Yeh that will be it. I'm sure its available as I had to order one about 2yrs ago while i was still with vaillant, unless its become unavailable in that short time. I doubt it costs as much as £200.

As far as I know flow isolation valve was 009327 now 306705 about £15ish.

I've got one on the van so will post in the morning if number not correct.

Hopefully you've got some vertical movement in the flow pipe, cos it's near on impossible if you haven't ;)

Cheers everyone,

that 306705 looks a different shape, but I guess it would be if it's an alternative part? I should be able to get some vertical movement in the flow pipe, depending on how much we're talking about :confused:.

I've just replaced a leaking plastic DHW heat exchanger, which is what caused the isolation valve to leak (stupidly followed the instructions in the manual about closing the valve to drain the boiler :oops: ) so a bit annoyed that i just replaced one leak with another :D .

I realise i wasn't completely specific about the boiler model in the first post - its a Vaillant Combi Compact VCW GB 242 EH (sorry, got the number wrong the first time, but the 282 and the 242 are pretty identical afaik).

Checked the number and its atcually 306704.

306705 is the return valve with 1/2" male spigot for the safety valve, sorry about that!

Both valves have a 1/2" female connection with a 1/2" male full bore fill tap (used for a filling loop in Europe). Just wind the tap in with some PTFE tape and its a handy drain point. Otherwise its exactly the same valve as you're replacing.

Thanks for checking that, part now on order.

If I don't have enough vertical movement to replace it and need to cut the pipes, I presume it's ok to use compression couplings to rejoin? I don't fancy learning to solder them when the gas pipe is only 2 inches above it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back