Leaking toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Newbie here, so please be nice if this post comes up a lot, but I wasn't able to find anything similar.

Essentially we have a leaking toilet, I've attached a picture to show where the leak is.

From what I can tell, the leak seems to be coming from the top part of that nut on the hose (Please tell me if I'm getting too technical :cool: )

Is there an easy fix for this? Our bathroom is particularly bad for condensation and I think the cistern suffers a little bit from this as well.

Toilet.jpg

Thanks in advance
tbf

Sponsored Links
i think you will have to loosen the leaking nut and seal with ptfe tape, as the leak is below the valve you will have to turn the water off at the main before removing (remove lid and flush cistern to make sure it isnt refilling before you disconnect)

Sponsored Links
i think you will have to loosen the leaking nut and seal with ptfe tape, as the leak is below the valve you will have to turn the water off at the main before removing (remove lid and flush cistern to make sure it isnt refilling before you disconnect)

OK, with the PTFE tape, I wrap that around the thread that the night is fixed to, so it will seal any leaks coming through there?

where you say night is fixed to do you mean nut is fixed to? if so then yes once you have turned off the water and disconnected it there then wrap the pfte tape round there and retighten to seal

Hopefully that will sort it, but if it doesn't looks like new hose time and from the looks of it you will have to rip the tiles off to get to the cold feed. Ooh and flexible pan connectors spawn of the devil! :LOL:

Hopefully that will sort it, but if it doesn't looks like new hose time and from the looks of it you will have to rip the tiles off to get to the cold feed. Ooh and flexible pan connectors spawn of the devil! :LOL:

Does anyone here enjoy disconnecting those flexible pan connectors after a couple of years in use. What if anything gets caught in all those ribs?
:D

PS. Has any one thought about the man who has to service those mobile tanks and pumps that empty chemical toilets. I hope these guys are paid well. There are some hard jobs out there...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back