Leaking waste pipe

Yes I think it is. A Tee has three pipes going into it. You are going to have a bigger job on your hands ,it's all going to need re doing in solvent weld pipe and fittings. Time for a plumber ??

Sponsored Links
Yes I think it is. A Tee has three pipes going into it. You are going to have a bigger job on your hands ,it's all going to need re doing in solvent weld pipe and fittings. Time for a plumber ??

oh ffs! what fittings? how do I loosen the existing?
Sorry I might give it a go

You cut the pipes and remove the fitting ( fitting being the elbow / Tee) . That results in the pipes then being too short to reach into the new fitting,and new sections of pipe introduced to make up the required lengths.
It is possible to very ,very, carefully remove a solvent welded fitting off a pipe by cutting into it. But in the positions yours are I wouldn't attempt it.

You cut the pipes and remove the fitting ( fitting being the elbow / Tee) . That results in the pipes then being too short to reach into the new fitting,and new sections of pipe introduced to make up the required lengths.
It is possible to very ,very, carefully remove a solvent welded fitting off a pipe by cutting into it. But in the positions yours are I wouldn't attempt it.
Thanks Terry, what glue would I need after to glue it all back together?

Sponsored Links
I suspect there will be no free play in the pipes you cut ,and all 3 won't reach inside the new Tee. So you will very likely need some solvent weld pipe ,and three solvent weld straight couplers......
And a saw :LOL::LOL:

I suspect there will be no free play in the pipes you cut ,and all 3 won't reach inside the new Tee. So you will very likely need some solvent weld pipe ,and three solvent weld straight couplers......
And a saw :LOL::LOL:

aha this might not as easy as I thought... will sleep on it lol!

Thank you for the help! really appreciate it :)

okay its me again and im sorry... instead of redoing everything if I apply LS-X (or if you can recommend something else pls do) to where I think it is leaking will this fix the leak (even if its temp)?

obviously, I would make sure everything is dry etc before applying...

If the leak is slight, and it is thoroughly dried inside the fitting,you could try Floplast solvent cement.applied liberally .allow to dry for an hour and apply second coat. You need to push it into the joint. No substitute for replacing really,but you may be lucky.

No, needs cutting out and replacing.

Andy

If the leak is slight, and it is thoroughly dried inside the fitting,you could try Floplast solvent cement.applied liberally .allow to dry for an hour and apply second coat. You need to push it into the joint. No substitute for replacing really,but you may be lucky.

Thanks both! Will try and see if I can mend before replacing! hopefully I get lucky :)

Hi again it’s me and I am making this thread even longer :eek:

Any another quick look at the leak where I thought the leak was coming from has stopped and it looks like the leak is now coming from the copper pipe. I have attached a pic. Can anyone tell me what is a easy fix for this pls?

thank you and I am really very sorry :love:

Attachments

• 15176AB3-E245-41A7-A24D-B64442FB4EED.jpeg
    15176AB3-E245-41A7-A24D-B64442FB4EED.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 65

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back