Leaking waste pipe

The water is tracking down the copper pipe from above , you need to follow the pipe upward to find the source.

Sponsored Links
Where does the copper pipe go when it goes up? Post a picture of above.

Andy

The water is tracking down the copper pipe from above , you need to follow the pipe upward to find the source.

Thanks for the reply both. okay I think it’s the flexi tap connector…

Attachments

• 1CE786CD-683F-480B-B6CA-3EECF0706BA5.jpeg
    1CE786CD-683F-480B-B6CA-3EECF0706BA5.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 59
  • AA0000A8-4278-4CAE-BEB4-7F1D23C12F67.jpeg
    AA0000A8-4278-4CAE-BEB4-7F1D23C12F67.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 53
Looks like the push fit fitting to the copper pipe ,unless it's wet higher up where we can't see.

Or I think it’s the silicone around the tap

Attachments

• 81247911-4BD3-4390-B713-24B73A3F7D0D.jpeg
    81247911-4BD3-4390-B713-24B73A3F7D0D.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
Is the connection at the tap connector wet or dry (where the threaded tap tail meets it)?

You tap has a drip and its running back under the tap and through the sink and down.

My advice is , new taps time.

Andy

Is the connection at the tap connector wet or dry (where the threaded tap tail meets it)?

You tap has a drip and its running back under the tap and through the sink and down.

My advice is , new taps time.

Andy

thank you both

hi Terry it is wet.

Andy I think you are right. Do I need to silicone the new taps?

worth replacing the flexi connectors too?

Last edited:
Worth replacing flexi and tap if it's leaking. New taps come with rubber washer that sits under tap /top of sink and seals between the two.

Hi both, never got a chance to do this today. quick question but how is the current flexi connected? It seems to be a push fit flexi, will I need to cut the pipe off or any other way?

Hi managed to replace (although I did keep the flex - It was too of a faff replacing them) the leak has seemed to stop!

Thank you for all the help and guidance :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back