Leaking waste trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a new basin installed sometime back and the plumber did a real shoddy job and now I have a leak from under the basin. Basically it is leaking from the black bit in the image below.

It seems like it is a single piece in the basin and not sure what to do to stop the leak. Do I need to put a rubber seal somewhere or just apply lot of silicone?

Thanks
Neeraj

Sponsored Links
at toolstation and other places like b/q they sell a product called basin mate, under £2 at toolstation. use it instead of that black rubber seal that doe,snt work
item no 37534 £1.17

Waste doesn't look straight so surfaces are not mating properly. Unscrew the screw from the top, remove the waste and make sure it is clean and dry. Apply mastic under the basin (around the hole) and between the rubber washer and the flat suface of the plastic waste. Put it all back together making sure that the waste is straight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back