Leaky Swivel Tap in Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Have posted some photos of my tap that is leaking.

//www.diynot.com/network/jonesp1/albums/

It is leaking from the swivel part and is quite common so i read.

Is this easy to fix or shall I just buy a new tap.

It doesn't always leak as in i can stop by putting the tap on and off again in a different swivel position.

The make is Reginox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I presume the tap is leaking from the area shown with the black rectangle in your picture?

Looks like it needs a new cartridge.

If so it is not worth repairing. Reginox are cheapo taps so I would just replace it if I were you.

You could try looking at lunns.net for a new cartridge if replacement is not an option

Thanks will prob buy a replacement.

Fitting a new tap. Is this fairly straight forward to do yourself?

Thanks
Paul

Does it leak all the time or only for a while after it has been used?

There will be seals on the swivel part which in theory could be replaced although on a cheap tap is hardly worth it except as a save money DIY project.

If it leaks all the time then it will be the cartridge leaking and on most cheap taps they are not easy to identify or obtain. Replacement is the easy solution.

I hate replacing kitchen taps as customers don't often seem to realise that all the rubbish under the sink has to be removed BEFORE my visit. Then its working lying on your back looking upwards. Not impossible but not vey pleasant either!

People at their computer keyboards don't realise that undersink areas are often wet and messy with rat droppings and fungus!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi,

It doesn't leak all the time and only after being used for a while.

It seems like you can get it in the right position and it won't leak or if you turn the tap off and back on again it seems to seal better and stop leaking.

It might be like you say just a seal.

I fancy giving this a go first if you could give me some direction please?

As for changing the tap I think I'll leave that for the experts.

Cheers
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back