Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a lean to conservatory at the house I moved into in May. There have been two leaks in heavy rain since then. Nothing major but I need it fixed. There is no lead flashing and the only barrier to the elements is the grey stuff that the so called 'roofer' (previous owner) seems to have painted on.

I am going to be taking the lean to down at some point future anyway, so I am looking for a temporary fix to prevent leaks for a while longer. Would it be a case of slapping on some more of the grey stuff or similar?

Any advice, much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230116_102139.jpg
    20230116_102139.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 44
Sponsored Links
If you taking it down in spring/summer I'd run a thick bead of silicone all around the edges of the 'grey stuff'.
How you are going to reach it though is another matter.

That’s Acrypol/roofpol and a bit of a bodge. If it’s coming down anyway then perhaps something like roof/gutter sealant, if it’s not coming down just yet, perhaps some flashband?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back