LED Downlights - Garage Soffits and Heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Leading on from a query on using the Steinel Nightmatic I was wondering how much heat is generated by LED downlights - either integrated or GU10? I ask as I have plywood soffits overclad with uPVC and don't fancy these being damaged or melting due to the heat

I need to do something to light up the approach to the house as it is very dark with no direct street lighting

Sponsored Links
Depends on the heatsink, available airflow and efficiency of the LED.

In general LED will be much cooler than equivalent incandescent or halogen bulbs.

The LED lighting manufacturer will be able to tell you if they are fit for purpose and will have certifications, IP ratings and also maybe even surface temperature / heatsink temperature data available for you on request.

One company I contacted have come back and confirmed a particular type they have would be suitable for my application. Plug one in and see I suppose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back