LED lights stay on from extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently had an extractor fan fitted, the extractor fan is wired from the mains with a trigger coming from the led light in the ceiling, the problem I am getting is that 2 out of the 3 Led lights now always stay on but not at full power when the light switch is turned off and when it is turned on they come on fine.

From reading around in forums there are 2 options,

1) wire the trigger to another ring circuit without an led (I cannot do as all the lights have an led bulb)

2) fit a 0.33 microfarad 250v capacitor that will hold the charge and not move the charge from the light to the extractor fan.

I am not sure how to do number 2 but any help would be much appreciate, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
option 3 is to wire using a double pole lightswitch, one pole for the light and one for the trigger. Then the trigger can't backfeed into the light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back