LED Mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - anyone know of a mirror - ideally 600 wide by 800 high with the shaver point and IR sensor (or switch) on the LEFT? The one supplied and all others I can find on line have these on the right and there isn't room between the unit and the wall to plug a razor in of for the sensor to work. Only option seems to be to move them myself which I can do easily but it'll obviously invalidate the warranty.

Sponsored Links
For use where? is it in a bathroom? and if so is it within 3 meters of the bath or shower? There are loads of mirrors designed to be mounted behind a sink with shaver socket outlet, but very few if the sink is in a bathroom within 3 meters of bath or shower.

For use where? is it in a bathroom? and if so is it within 3 meters of the bath or shower? There are loads of mirrors designed to be mounted behind a sink with shaver socket outlet, but very few if the sink is in a bathroom within 3 meters of bath or shower.
Surely nowadays they are made to BS standard and allowed in zone 2

Sponsored Links
If it complies with BS EN 61558-2-5 then I am sure it will say so on the advert, if it doesn't then not to be fitted within 3 meters of the bath.

I did the usual thing and googled for a mirror that suited, and I was surprised non seemed to have any BS EN number, one said (This product is IP44 rated and fitted with an IP21 rated shaver socket suitable for Bathroom Zones 1 (with a separate RCD), 2 and 3.) yet there was no reference to BS EN 61558-2-5 which if it complies means it has an isolation transformer, I would assume the one found did have a transformer as it had both 230 volt and 110 volt outlets, so this fluorescent one with sockets on left would likely comply with what is required. But don't really know.

Hi - anyone know of a mirror - ideally 600 wide by 800 high with the shaver point and IR sensor (or switch) on the LEFT? The one supplied and all others I can find on line have these on the right and there isn't room between the unit and the wall to plug a razor in of for the sensor to work. Only option seems to be to move them myself which I can do easily but it'll obviously invalidate the warranty.
It probably counts as a silly suggestion, but if you could find one which doesn't have a shelf or other features which effectively define top and bottom, couldn't you install it 'upside down'?!

Kind Regards, John

Even if the mirror's lighting has a switch?

Kind Regards, John
I was maybe wrongly thinking, that as a Luminaire and certain Bs shaver sockets were allowed, they would not then limit the designs location, by putting an unsuitable switch on it.
No expert on mirrors, but do they tend to have normal switches.
If they did, would then such Switch become part of a Luminaire, or Fixed current using equipment and therefore allowed under 701.512.3.

Welcome back by the way:)

I was maybe wrongly thinking, that as a Luminaire and certain Bs shaver sockets were allowed, they would not then limit the designs location, by putting an unsuitable switch on it.
That would certainly make sense, but I'm not sure that that is always the case.
No expert on mirrors, but do they tend to have normal switches.
I'm no exopert either, but I've certainly seen some which do seem to have 'normal switches' (by which I mean mechanical lever/toggle/rocker/whatever, rather than touch/proximity switches etc.).
If they did, would then such Switch become part of a Luminaire, or Fixed current using equipment and therefore allowed under 701.512.3.
That's the bit I'm less sure about - hence the reason for the (genuine, not rhetorical) question I asked you. On the surface of it, that's what the reg appears to say, but it seems a bit odd that a switch with certain user-accessible/touchable parts should be allowed if part of a piece of current-using equipment, but not if one with identical user-accessible/touchable parts were mounted in/on some non-current using enclosure.
Welcome back by the way:)
Thanks - but it will not necessarily last, since I'm still very busy!

Kind Regards, John

Attachments

• brexit_0.png
    brexit_0.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 198
  • NewIssuesMultilateralTradeAgreements1008.pdf
    655.9 KB · Views: 308

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back