LED 'soft start' driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Have googled around for this but not found anything.

I am renovating a cloakroom and planning to install 1-2 Aurora Enlite LED dimmable downlighters.

Elsewhere in the house I have used these with soft-start dimmers (hit the button, the light fades up to full power over 500ms or so).

In this cloakroom I want to use a PIR ceiling switch to switch the lights (save the cord getting all grubby).

I was wondering if there's such a thing as a soft-start driver that converts a step input to a ramp output. I.e. switch input 0v->220v, output 0v->220v ramp over 500ms or so. Same for the inverse (switch off, fade out).

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You can get dimmable LED Drivers from the likes of TLC direct. These dimmable supplies ramp up to whatever the setpoint is at - you can't alter the ramp though.

Nozzle

In this cloakroom I want to use a PIR ceiling switch to switch the lights (save the cord getting all grubby).
In passing ... do you realise that, assuming this cloakroom does not contain a bath or shower, there are no regulatory restrictions as regards switches - i.e. you could have an 'ordinary' switch, rather than a pull-cord one, if you so desired?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back