Led strip logistics for outdoor window cills?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Houseleds.jpg

I want to illuminate the two walls (like columns) on either side on each window around the house. I don't want to stick a strip all down each verticle wall of each window frame, but rather, have 2xmini strips, one at each end of window cill, facing up, to illuminate the inset verticle walls upwards.

For say 9 windows around the house I imagine it's 9 windows x 2 strips x 3 pixels = 54 addressable rgb pixels.

Logistics questions:

1. Which addressable led strip type would you recommend? Eg WS2812B Ip65?

2. Will I be OK running power between all those mini strips, dotted around the house faces? There may be 1 to 6 meter gaps between each strip.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Internal or external? Strips dont last outside very well. Have you looked at pucks?

Sponsored Links
External. Did consider Puck lights but they'd need to be wired up.
You can get pre wired ws2811 puck strings on aliexpress etc... They can be enclosed in some trunking and poke through. Not as compact solution as the strip but they should last longer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back