Left hand switch on single gang 13 switched wall sockets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any left hand switches on single gang 13amp switched wall sockets?

I guess I could just turn the socket upside down but it will not look right will it?

Any help appreciated

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Why do you need to know?

I am disabled and find it really hard to operate the switch in its current position.

I thought that it would be much easier if a left handed switch was available as the alternative is to move the existing socket by some 300mm.

The switch on the socket needs to be to the left of the plug when it is plugged into the socket.

Thank you for your interest.

An easier option would be to use remote control plug in sockets which you plug into a normal socket then plug your appliance into,then switch on and off via the control

Sponsored Links
I did not know about the remote control switches and after googling I note they are available from Amazon.

Thanks for the tip.

Would replacing the socket with an FCU (with a large switch) feeding a new un-switched socket be a solution.

If you buy a single-to-double converter socket such as this you will end up with a switch on the left. You won't need to change the single back box for a double as it screws directly on as a replacement.

I've never seen a left handed single socket. Doesn't mean there isn't one!

Many thanks for your advice.

I will see how much slack cable there is behind the single gang socket and go for either the converta socket or the outboard switches (which involve a little more work fitting a back box but would be more compact).

:)

Why do you need to know?

Because the guys here are not being nosey for the sake of it, but want to know exactly what you are trying to achieve so that they could perhaps suggest a useful alternative, maybe one you had not thought of or did not realise existed.

In this case, such as the remote controlled adapters.

In the world of electrical installation, as other areas of life, there are often many ways to skin a cat.

cat_gun_1.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back