Letter box built into a brick pier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm renovating my home and eventually will be working on the exterior including rebuilding a new brick column / pier.

Can I please have some recommendations as to how I should go about having a residential letter box placed inside my existing wall or any tips.

I'm looking for a secure mailbox that is sufficiently large and can take good sized packages etc. I've done a google search and come up with these https://www.google.com/search?q=let...2j0i22i30l5.7198j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

But are there any here that you professionals would recommend or have personally installed and have been happy with? Are there any downsides to having it in the wall / I presume it does not require planning permission etc (I am not in a conservation area).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, just buy it and build it in. I wouldn't put one anywhere near a vulnerable pier or loaded pier. I'd make sure it was a favourable height (if poss) and not too near the ends. I can't see (as in the link image) that sticking one near where the top hinge of a heavy gate is going, will to to be a good idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back