letter from Boris Johnson to Donald Tusk

Brexiteers need an enemy, that's how they define themselves by what they hate and fear.

The similarities between RWR Republicans and Brexiteers is uncanny and unsettling.

2j2czlm84ph31.jpg

Sponsored Links
And Turkey are in the customs union. I wonder why 5% of the trucks need to be x-rayed.

It s not part of the single market, no regulatory alignment.

Im glad you see the disadvantage of not having frictionless trade

And Turkey are in the customs union. I wonder why 5% of the trucks need to be x-rayed.

Why do they check my passport when I arrive in the UK. They should just wave me in.

Don't let your hate get the best of you before midday. :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
At least you have admitted the Swiss border is a hard border (y)
I don't agree it is a hard border. Much of it is free-flowing, exactly as it could be between NI and Eire.

That makes sense.

We already have it: frictionless trade, no paperwork, common standards so we can trade with 27 nations, via a tunnel just 30mins away.

If we want a worse deal than that, you are right it is in the interest for the UK to agree an arrangement that works -why do we keep refusing it
Which brings us back to the key point. The conditions attached to what we already have are unpalatable to the majority of the populace that voted at the referendum and the conditions attached to the new arrangement that EU is trying to force us to accept are unpalatable to a large proportion of the populace and to a majority of MPs.

Which brings us back to the key point. The conditions attached to what we already have are unpalatable to the majority of the populace that voted at the referendum and the conditions attached to the new arrangement that EU is trying to force us to accept are unpalatable to a large proportion of the populace and to a majority of MPs.

We voted to leave the EU. So why are we still trying for a Deal if leaving is such sweet bliss and full of rainbow unicorns.

Let's see.

Did the government of the UK, and the delegated representatives of the EU, hold negotiations?

Yes

Did they come to an agreement?

Yes

Did the UK parliament refuse to accept it?

Yes.

Is my earlier statement true?

Yes
Its a bit of a straw man argument. There is a proposed agreement, but parliament will not approve it. Therefore by definition, there is no agreement.

But its just semantics in reality because we all know that the treaty negotiated by our previous (and useless) PM will not be approved.

Its a bit of a straw man argument. There is a proposed agreement, but parliament will not approve it. Therefore by definition, there is no agreement.

But its just semantics in reality because we all know that the treaty negotiated by our previous (and useless) PM will not be approved.

So what do you want?

I don't agree it is a hard border. Much of it is free-flowing, exactly as it could be between NI and Eire.

You can say you don't believe it is a hard border.

But you are only arguing against facts.

Whether it flows or not is not the point -the GFA has stated no border.

we all know that the treaty negotiated by our previous (and useless) PM will not be approved.

Funnily enough, Buffoon's threatened no-deal is also not approved, but he threatens to do it anyway.

Would you have approved of May overriding Parliament?

We voted to leave the EU. So why are we still trying for a Deal if leaving is such sweet bliss and full of rainbow unicorns.
Just to be clear, i don't think for one second that leaving the EU is a painless process. However, someone likened it to a divorce and i think that's a good analogy.

Getting divorced is painful, expensive and in the short term everyone involved is financially worse off. It only takes one side to be unhappy for the breakup to take place. It makes sense to try and remain good relations with the other party in the divorce. But in the medium and long term it makes no sense for two parties to remain heavily interlinked purely for financial reasons if they are incompatible in the medium and long term.

There is undoubtedly going to be some short term pain, but in the medium to longer term i think the EU is either going to implode or go down the route of ever closer union to become the united states or Europe, and we will be better off out financially, emotionally and diplomatically.

Just to be clear, i don't think for one second that leaving the EU is a painless process. However, someone likened it to a divorce and i think that's a good analogy.

Getting divorced is painful, expensive and in the short term everyone involved is financially worse off. It only takes one side to be unhappy for the breakup to take place. It makes sense to try and remain good relations with the other party in the divorce. But in the medium and long term it makes no sense for two parties to remain heavily interlinked purely for financial reasons if they are incompatible in the medium and long term.

There is undoubtedly going to be some short term pain, but in the medium to longer term i think the EU is either going to implode or go down the route of ever closer union to become the united states or Europe, and we will be better off out financially, emotionally and diplomatically.

That's not answering the question and it's veery nebulous. Short term, medium term - what time length are these?

What are these benefits?

Rees Mogg own memorable quote was upto 50 years. Yet he still couldn't define the benefits only that it would take upto 50 years to realise something we don't know.

Brexiteers seem to long for this breakup of the EU as their final haily mary hope of being proven correct on Brexit. It's crazy.

Sponsored Links
Back