level floor in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,

I'm about to get our new extension slab screeded and transitioning into the older kitchen. Kitchen is still in place what's best to run around the legs/ feet to stop the self leveller from going on them..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
is the kitchen well away by at least 300mm from the area to be levelled, or is the kitchen to be levelled ??
in general self levelling is a wrong description as it only happens within the pour area with a pehaps skin area giving a step off say 3-8mm at the edge where surface tension hold the mixture from spreading so needs to be encouraged to spread further so needs to be worked the full area rather than just pour and left to settle

is the kitchen well away by at least 300mm from the area to be levelled, or is the kitchen to be levelled ??
in general self levelling is a wrong description as it only happens within the pour area with a pehaps skin area giving a step off say 3-8mm at the edge where surface tension hold the mixture from spreading so needs to be encouraged to spread further so needs to be worked the full area rather than just pour and left to settle
I’m meaning to protect the feet from getting full of compound

Do I use expanding foam or something else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back