LG Smart TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine has the above TV, it has no analogue audio outs other than from the SCART socket.

This works fine with Freeview tuner etc. but there is no audio from the SCART when using the internet features - YT for example. Does anyone know why this is?

The manual (paper & the one on the TV) are pretty useless.

TIA

Edit: It's a 42LA620V

Sponsored Links
I think you might find it works only via the optical or possibly the headphone jack.

Sponsored Links
I bought an LG smart tv, and consider the 'smart' internet connection a complete waste of money. It is awkward to use, you really do require a keyboard and mouse to navigate. Far easier to connect a laptop via hdmi. The bedroom tv, which is HD is connected permanently to an old laptop and works well, acting as tv, computer monitor and for recording tv programmes.
Anyone out there who uses the smart function ( for more than iplayer ), I'd like to hear from them.

I think a lot depends on the manufacturer's implementation of the Smart interface. There's some stuff that will always be difficult with a TV handset such as text entry. But if the TV filters as you type then the process can be made considerably less painful.

Last weekend I installed a Sony Bravia KDL32W653A Smart TV for a customer. That was really good to use and the family were really pleased. Catch up TV services worked well and for the first time ever I found the YouTube and Facebook weren't a complete nightmare to use. I wouldn't want to try and post any big status updates. But for just surfing then it worked fine. While I was there I also installed a Sony Smart BD player. The interface on that wasn't as slick.

My Samsung smart tv has all the usual outputs and I use a combined mouse/keyboard for the web [saves space and can also control tv functions].
Also has allshare which allows direct access to pc film library.
The LG sounds like it's a poor neighbour.
Main limitation is the Linux OS which does not support flash players so some web sites cannot be accessed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back