life begins @ 40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in a few days i'll be the big four o :eek:
a few things i have found being this age are as follows.
you start to watch documenteries on tv.
you go to bed before 12.
when you go for a beer you only go to pubs that serve REAL ale.
when looking to buy a new car practicality & resale value & mpg are top of the list not speed/looks/power. :(
you seem to forget what you've just written
you seem to forget what you've just written
you go on forums alot & seem to think a virtual life is normal :eek:
you seem to lose the ability to argue with your wife & reply with,"whatever" or" if you say so luv" or even "yes you are right you're definately a better driver than me"
you don't seem to mind shopping with the wife for 4hrs when she goes in 7 shops & buys the dress from the first shop she went in.
thats all i can think of for now so if my life is just about to begin does anyone know in what way.
yuur spelliin dus get bettar thowgh.

Sponsored Links
I turned 40 this year, haven't noticed a big change yet, but
on the positive side:

Women get less fussy over 40
you're still young enough to party(ok untill 12)
you start to assume the mantle of experienced guy/gal
beer bellies are the norm (on men and women)
you are more confident and chat to anyone (people think ur mental)
You start mucking around with electrics/plumbing/roofing
You have more mates to help fix electrics/plumbing/roofing disasters
90% of women start to look good to you(the ones under 60)

Thre's probably loads more, but I've forgotten, did I mention memory loss!

Good to know what I can look forward to in a few years ;)

can i fit my vw passat badges to a skoda turbo nutter car :eek:
oops its begun already might aswell carry on mumbling & imiatating mad animal sounds & get some white y-fronts,when i was a lad blah blah blah

Sponsored Links
40? Wait until you hit 50. My dad traded in his sensible 40s car and bought something with more cylinders and leather seats.

Now he is in his late 50s he has bought an open-top sports car...

No doubt for his 70th birthday he will get a Ducati... :LOL:

There is something I have noticed about guys getting older:

One day, in his 60s, a man will wake up and decide "No longer shall my beer belly overhang my waistband! I'm off to buy some trousers with a 50inch waist and a 2-foot long fly, and pull the bu**ers RIGHT up!"

ohmygod...

I haven't even reached 30 (although v. v. close) and I'm doing all those things.................. :eek:

I guess I'm a geek too :cry:

I have a solution. Trade in girlie for a younger model and dye your hair. Apparently older virile men are the must have fashion accessory for the girl about town these days :cool:

AdamW said:
....... No doubt for his 70th birthday he will get a Ducati... :LOL:

Shame we cannot buy the reflexes and healing properties to accompany such bolides !! :oops: :oops:

I must say, do find myself drawn to an historic Cooper 's' or three !!
Then I remember; suspension travel of 1/2" ; skating on sumpguard ; whining straight cut gears ; amid a 'crescendo' of sparks !! bit like Diynot I suppose ...... Nah ! never again .. done and dusted ... But there is a great little, restored, "Sebring Sprog-eyed fright" for sale locally ... All metal too ...... mmm ! :mad:

P

I past the big 40 a fairly long time ago. What I noticed is that, I remained the same, but others perceptions changed.

I still like looking at 18 yr old females.
I still like doing odd things like a bit of windsurfing now and again.
I still prefer driving a 2 seater sports car rather than a wollowing 2.5 ton family saloon.

I never started any of these things at 40, just continued life as normal. It's everyone else that thinks I'm going through a mid life crisis. ;)

The shame is, in the meantime, my children have all grown up, and I now find, my sense of humour is only properly apreciated by my grand children :)

That wasn't very funny !

So much for the humour. My worst birthday was my 21st..........
I woke up that day and thought "my god, I'm, 22 next year!"
Everyday should be a birthday, I would unwrap a young woman each time if I could............there I go dreaming again.

Golf is an amusing pastime no longer, but evolves into a serious quest for a lower handicap.
All the women you know are, well, old. In their eyes you are a pervert for even looking at a woman younger than thirty.
You begin to accumulate a collection of reading glasses of varying prescription; in the car, beside the phone/bed/armchair, toolbox, etc.. yet you never have a pair when you want to read a label in the supermarket.
You are simultaneously more patient yet less tolerant.
Gardening.

You never know your luck ! Don't let the passing years curtail optimism. Old is, as old does !!

When you are 20 you know that you know it all

When you are 30 you are sure that you know it all

When you are 40 you hope that you know it all

When you are 50 you doubt you know it all

When you are 60 you realise you don't know that much

When you are 70 you know s*d all but who cares

"When I was 17, I didn't think my father knew anything. But when I was 21, I was surprised how much he had learned in 4 years."

I don't know who first wrote that, but I think it is very true for all men.

The most traumatic birthday I have had to suffer so far was 20... waking up and realising you are no longer a teenage but "in your twenties" is a shock... Luckily I have a few years until I have to worry about 30!

But OMG, think of the benefits:

1) People don't give you accusing looks if you pay with a "prestige" credit card.
2) You can have a flash car and insure it for less than a young man with a rustheap.
3) When driving the flash car you don't get challenged by chavs in novas at every set of lights
4) You gain the ability to dance in a way that only dad's can, generally at wedding receptions and other family gatherings.

Sponsored Links
Back