shopping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i think this will probably relate to everyone thats ever been to asda/tesco.
when i do the weekly big shop,me,wife,two 5yr olds its not exactly something you relish :rolleyes:
1. get to checkout & load up the conveyer belt,then wait for the spotty teenager to literally jettison the food you just paid for to the other end of the till,if your lucky you may have unpacked it & be at the other end ready to put it in bags (thats if you can get them open :mad: )
the tins seem to do 0-60 in 1sec and sometimes you get ready made broken digestive biscuits :evil:
when they have finished HANDLING your food they then give you a surly look as if to say "i got it through the till quick,why can't you pack it quicker"
i wish the same person came in my shop to buy a playstation 2 + games as i would launch it down the end of the counter & throw some bags at them & give THEM a surly look :D
2. when i go to get my milk in the morning it takes sometimes up to 20 mins :cry:
because they don't want you to quickly pop in & grab what you want,you've got to go ALL THE WAY TO THE FAR END just to get a pint of milk,then you have to q up behind the weely shoppers,they've just got a new aisle called ROUGHLY TEN ITEMS with a picture of a basket,do that mean 27.8 items or 6.7 items,it pi**es me off when trollys go through.
3.your happy with the way the shop is laid out as you've got your shopping list i.e. veg then bread then tins etc.. you get a system that works.until one day you go in and everything has moved overnight?that really f***s up your system,if you ask someone they say they are streamlining the store.b*ll*cks.they just want you to randomly move through ALL the shop hopefully buying more :evil:
4.trolleys + old people

5.old people

6.trolleys.[/b]

Sponsored Links
And when it gets really busy what really clogs up the aisles?

7. Internet shopping trolleys - twice the size of what us punters push round and incapable of being passed by another.

Well, if you did the internet shopping you wouldn't have to bother with it :D My mum switches between internet shopping and shop-shopping on a 6-month cycle, it seems. The one she uses now is Ocado, which is just Waitrose.

Being a household of one I can't really justify an internet shop, but my local supermarket has a great idea: self-service tills. You scan and pack your own stuff, there is one member of staff overseeing about 6 tills (so the supermarket loves it!).

Most people who use it just have a couple of things so you can rush through quickly. Occasionally you get someone who tries to do a trolley load, seems to take a lot longer. Oh, and my Nectar card is unreadable by it. No-one else has that problem, just me. And it doesn't like it when you bring the "Bag for life" scheme into the equation: it feels the weight of the bag and assumes you have put something through without scanning (yes, the system has a database of the weight of every item!)

Interestingly, if you pay by card you sign on a special pad rather than chip and pin...

I too am a household of one but I justify internet shopping quite easily despite not having a great income. I use it once a fortnight, write my list, go on line and order simply what's on the list. If I were to go to the shop, inevitably I would get lost trying to find things and get "distracted" in the homewares section or whatever, coming home with half my shopping and a trolley full of pots/pans/cushions/toasters etc. Much cheaper to pay the £3.99 delivery charge and get (only) what I need!

Sponsored Links
I've just recently come out of hospital and am unable to drive for a week or two. Internet shopping, brilliant! I had may reservations at first for fresh veg etc but thus far have had no problems and its worth paying the fiver for the delivery.

Trouble is I think it takes longer to shop on the internet than it does to walk around the store.

TexMex said:
CUSHIONS? You've been watching too many of them tv make over shows :)

Wouldn't it be just fab to see Linda f***ing Barker trip over and fall on her own scissors? "Snip Snip"!!!!

I know the Tesco system used to take forever to put an order together, but I have heard they have all improved considerably.

Perhaps I should try it. If nothing else it gives a good excuse to leave work, "I would REALLY love to stay and discuss this, but my shopping is due!"

I have heard they are pretty good at selecting decent fruit and veg... The only issue I would have is that being a very political shopper I can't check the label for country of origin, or specify "if no apples from country X are available, get them from country Y but NOT country Z".

ninebob said:
Wouldn't it be just fab to see Linda f***ing Barker trip over and fall on her own scissors? "Snip Snip"!!!!

Like I said, she has been issued with a CPOO (Compulsory P*ss Off Order) and has just 72 hours to appeal before being formally told to p*ss off by the nation. :LOL:

"I think this sofa looks reeeeeeally stylish" says Linda. "Great," thought I "I definitely WON'T be buying that one."

"Everyone's a winner" says the Curries advert. The irony of their advert was not lost on me, their spokesperson is a loser.

All I need is for Llawrence Llewellyn Llandudno Llangberis Llangdangoghgoghgogh Bowen to tell me what car he likes, and I'll steer well clear of them. No way I'm buying a car made of MDF with a stitched fabric cover.

Internet shopping,

Do they delivery on appointment time to suit you or is it am/pm ?

Do you have to check the stock items there and then ?

masona said:
Internet shopping,

I use Tesco, you get to choose a 2 hour delivery slot. Some slots cost more than others (£3.49 - £5.99 IIRC) but I don't see any logical pattern to it.

Someone at the store goes round and picks the stuff out for you, if anything is out of stock they choose you a replacement (unless you've specified not to). Then when they've finished they charge your card.

So I guess there's opportunity for them to replace your list with more expensive stuff, but I very rarely get subsititues with mine.

acording to a radio ad if they break the 1 hour delivery slot by 1 second you get £10 off your next shop

not tried it dont like w******e

Do you remember that newspaper item, when Tesco first started it. Apparently they were all out of bannanas so they substuted a pot of black kiwi polish. :!: I only remember it because I laughed my socks off when I read it. Poor old dear.

Internet shopping is very useful if you live 12 miles away from your nearest supermarket and have a L/Cruiser.... far cheaper to have it delivered!!

masona said:
Internet shopping,

i thought i would try it & logged in,then had to specify a time/day etc...
right lets go shopping i said to my wife,fingers poised,off we go then,1st thing we need is beans,so type in beans & all i got was runner/broad/baked/cooked/frozen/kidney..........
lets have baked i said,
another menu....crosse & blackwell/heinz/half fat/full fat/reduced suger/weight watchers/tesco value/tesco economy/tesco beans/beans & sausages/beans & burgers/beans & spaghetti...........................
this really did my head in & gave up on that idea.
"shouts" get the kids in the car we're GOING SHOPPING :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back