Online Grocery Shopping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been trying various websites over the last 12 hours.

I don't know if things have changed, but last time I looked, Ocado and Waitrose were completely inaccessible and JS & Morrisons allowed me to go through the whole registering and shopping experience before telling me they had absolutely no delivery slots available.

NOTE TO RETAILERS: PLEASE INFORM CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY LAND ON YOUR SITE IF THIS IS THE CASE, BECAUSE THEY SURE AS HELL WILL NOT SHOP WITH YOU AGAIN IF THEY WASTE THEIR TIME IN A FUTILE ATTEMPT TO SHOP WITH YOU.

Livid.

Sponsored Links
Online shopping?

That's the first thing me and 50 million other people thought of when we saw the bare toilet roll shelf at the supermarket.

Alas :rolleyes:

Plan C is required.

My mum, being housebound, has always done her shopping online. Yesterday’s delivery was missing 18 items. I managed to get her some milk and eggs last night and some potatoes today. My wife ordered an online shop a few days ago - earliest delivery slot was April 2nd. We expect half of it to be unavailable when it’s delivered. For those that have never done it, book your delivery slot no matter how far ahead and you can add or subtract from it right up to about a day before the delivery.

Just an edit for any thinking of ordering online with further info that I have just learned from my wife just now: with Tesco, you chose a slot and you have two hours to add to your basket. Your slot isn’t reserved until you have bought and paid so don’t let it expire or you lose the slot. Even if you order and pay for five quids worth, your delivery slot is then guaranteed and you can then go back multiple times to add to it. I only know this because a friend of my wife tried it, booked a slot, did a bit of shopping, Made the tea, went back four hours later to add some more and the slot had expired. Next slot wasn't for another 8 days!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
with asda slots are now full quickly after they are released that's about the 7/4th today
you need to be on line when they are release to get a slot i am ok as i have a booked slot every Wednesday but have to fill the basket 3 weeks in advance to keep that slot at present rather than a week before

I have booked with ASDA, but their earliest slot is 8pm 10/4.

Online shopping wont get you food any better than going there yourself.
The home shop team just walk round Asda with a completely pi$$ed off look as they can't get food any more than the rest of us.

Sponsored Links
Back