Online shopping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Come on you knew it had to be discussed.....
Ok so we get our shopping delivered from Tesco's. Costs us £3.99 to have someone go round the store, pick, pack and deliver our shopping to the door. Now I can't understand why anyone would want to go shopping rather than have someone do it for you for very little money. Mrs gcol use to spend the best part of 1 1/2 hours on a saturday going shopping and now she's got that time to herself when she can now clean my house. ;) Why doesn't everyone use online shopping? I'm positive supermarkets are running it at a loss so I'm taking advantage now. :D

Sponsored Links
Ordered mine today from Asda :) never have time during the week, and weekends i cant be bothered ( unfit to drive due to drink ) :LOL: ;)

I use it for the big shop. But local Tescos and Waitrose are walking distance and very handy for minor stuff.

Waitrose is between the station and my house, they have a scheme where you can push the trolley round (say, on your way home from work) and fill it up with whatever takes your fancy, them dump it at the till and walk home without having to carry anything, and they bring it round in the van.

If you have a John Lewis card and to register your name and address in advance, then you just have to identify yourself with no hanging about.

Sponsored Links
I think online shopping is a great idea, however when we used this service we de-selected the "replace with alternative" option when ordering But they always put in replacement items. (different brands) Even when we spoke to the manager nothing changed.

Now this is normally not a problem, but in our case it could be, as my OH has an allergy to corn/maze. Check your cupboard and see how many jars or canned products contain corn. If they are going to provide a service, then train the people who do the job to do it correctly.

Salem.

salem2000 said:
I think online shopping is a great idea, however when we used this service we de-selected the "replace with alternative" option when ordering But they always put in replacement items. (different brands) Even when we spoke to the manager nothing changed.
You don't have to accept it as they will take it off the bill. The replacement items is on top of the bill so you know straight away.

Yeah you can't overlook the fact that someone paid peanuts is selecting your food. It's a bit of a standing joke at our house that when the shopping turns up, the buns are squashed to such an extent that they are useless. I constantly ring and tell them and they re-imburse me the 75p, but it's been going on so long now that they've taken to refunding me the £3.99 delivery charge and giving me a £5 voucher.

When there's no stock of a particular item, they substitue it with something else and don't charge us. Usually it's bacon that gets substituted with smoked bacon. Urgh....

I hate shopping a super markets.It seems when I visit them half the check outs are not operating.I get hit in the back by trollies.Everyone is in everyone's way.
I much prefer the old markets and the high streets,where you could go into your local butchers a pick up a fresh piece of meat that is not in a plastic container.walk around different stalls.

I think that's a fair point. And most of the deliveries will have been carefully ordered and pretty big, not just a pot of yoghurt and a loaf of bread.

JohnD said:
I think that's a fair point. And most of the deliveries will have been carefully ordered and pretty big, not just a pot of yoghurt and a loaf of bread.

And I think they plan their routes to be the most economic fuelwise :)

But you have to go out to fill your motor up?, or do they bring that round now?
I like to see the bargains, and select individual fruit/veg. I see the 'erks ' tossing the goods onto the blue trolleys for the home delivery types and it makes me laugh.

Sponsored Links
Back