shopping

Eddie M said:
Internet shopping is very useful if you live 12 miles away from your nearest supermarket and have a L/Cruiser.... far cheaper to have it delivered!!

Sorry Edmundo ..... We can, unless using another outlet, drive 9m 'A' road no hold ups, to Insanesberries, huge car park, straight in never a queue .. they pack your gear at the checkout, also have the self checkout mentioned before ... Totally stress free, ok 18miles of fuel but no problem.

Do use this Click if not already doing so .. I have signed up for the last year or so very handy.
P

Sponsored Links
Stress free :eek: , with 3 kids under 4 :?: , I think I'll stick to having it delivered :!: Also, at about 19 miles to the gal, on B roads pretty much all the way, 24 miles round trip equates to approx £5.60 in fuel alone, plus the hassle of trying to park the flippin' thing :cry:

Eddie M said:
Stress free :eek: , with 3 kids under 4 :?: , I think I'll stick to having it delivered :!: Also, at about 19 miles to the gal, on B roads pretty much all the way, 24 miles round trip equates to approx £5.60 in fuel alone, plus the hassle of trying to park the flippin' thing :cry:

19 mpg must be a Fordson Major ! No red diesel then ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Don't mention the red ;) or the chip fat and turpentine :!:

Red much easier to come by ;)

Anybody have livestock market nearby ? Pop along one day, glance at the area around the fuel flap on the mercs and such you'll see dotted about the place ... bet there'll be a red 'hue' on more than one or two !!

P

I'm just waiting for another fuel protest, when the Govt allowed non agricultural diesel users to fill up on "red", it's soooo, easy to get around where I live, and of course, once dyed always dyed !! Hmmmm I gonna have to be a bit more frugal about giving out any identifying info on these forums just in case !! P.S. I've just sold my Cruiser !! Not that owning a cruiser attracts much attention anyway, I'll just have to ensure it's always covered in sh*t, which it pretty much always is anyway :D

Is there any difference between agricultural derv and the posh stuff you buy at petrol stations? Other than the colouring?

I used to work on a waste transfer station and it was delivered into a big tank, gravity fed to refuel the Cats and Volvos (50-tonne front loaders, big Cummins diesels with displacement measured in cubic acres. One reversed over the front of a Transit once. Yes, OVER it! ugh ugh ugh!)

How much does it cost to a farmer to buy diesel, and why do HGVs still have to pay 80p a litre if other industries get it cheap? Not that I want to encourage HGVs onto the roads in front of me, but it just seems a bit off that all they can do is reclaim 17.5% VAT on it, same as any other business that DOESN'T rely on driving.

Last time I innocently looked ;) red diesel was about 22p a litre. I don't know of any major differences, it's probably not ultra low sulphur though :cry:

Eddie M said:
it's probably not ultra low sulphur though :cry:

GREAT! Well, that's probably what Jeremy Clarkson would say, "brilliant, full-bodied non-vegetarian diesel!"

22p a litre is pretty much the cost without duty, Masona correct me if I am wrong.

Wait a tick, works in London, lives in the country... You don't by any chance live somewhere between Kings Cross and Leeds do you? Or are you on one of the other radial commuter lines (not really commuter "belt" anymore seeing as they are spread along the mainlines!)

AdamW said:
22p a litre is pretty much the cost without duty, Masona correct me if I am wrong.
We refined it at 15p per litre including the red dye and sell it to forecourt 16p per litre plus business tax and forecourt make profit on top, so 22p not far out but I've heard of 34p per litre.

AdamW said:
Wait a tick, works in London, lives in the country... You don't by any chance live somewhere between Kings Cross and Leeds do you? Or are you on one of the other radial commuter lines (not really commuter "belt" anymore seeing as they are spread along the mainlines!)

That's a big area to cover !! But yes "somewhere" in between, it is still on a commuter rather than intercity line though

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
masona said:
Internet shopping,

Do they delivery on appointment time to suit you or is it am/pm ?

Do you have to check the stock items there and then ?
i thought i would try it & logged in,then had to specify a time/day etc...
right lets go shopping i said to my wife,fingers poised,off we go then,1st thing we need is beans,so type in beans & all i got was runner/broad/baked/cooked/frozen/kidney..........
lets have baked i said,
another menu....crosse & blackwell/heinz/half fat/full fat/reduced suger/weight watchers/tesco value/tesco economy/tesco beans/beans & sausages/beans & burgers/beans & spaghetti...........................
this really did my head in & gave up on that idea.
"shouts" get the kids in the car we're GOING SHOPPING :LOL:

It is time consuming the first couple of times but they store your choices so you can very quickly order it again.
£4.99 for someone to go round and get all my shopping and then deliver it when I choose! Bleedin bargain if you ask me but then I hate shops/shopping. :LOL:

Yeah, what I(sorry the wife) do(does) is set up a list of the staples, you know ar*e wipe, carrots, washing powder, whatever, use this as a template, then add on whatever I fancy to eat that week on.... My god where is this post going.... try www.rivercottage.net

Sponsored Links
Back