Online shopping

Internet shopping has its advantages, and its easy for me, because I know sizes - many people wouldnt know what a kilogram of washing powder was if it hit 'em round t'ead.

But there's nothing like walking into a shop, smelling fresh bread and flowers, fresh fish etc, and seeing the nice attractive displays and the effort the staff put in. You can always tell when someone's made an effort - you walk onto an aisle and every product is pulled to the front and theres no gaps. :) Sign of a well-run (and overstaffed) store :LOL:

I know, im sad. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
iangh said:
But you have to go out to fill your motor up?
Eh? If you shop online then you drive around less. Isn't that the point?

I see the 'erks ' tossing the goods onto the blue trolleys for the home delivery types and it makes me laugh.
Laughing at other people's misfortune, presumably. :evil:

No Crafty you're biased. ;)
Incidently, Tesco's have just delivered our shopping half an hour ago - squashed buns again....... refunded delivery charge and item cost. :rolleyes:

Crafty said:
every product is pulled to the front and theres no gaps.

Facing-up is very important.

Also stock rotation. Neither of which they do in my local tesco express. :evil:

I'm going to stop going there & use my co-op instead. At least we get cash back every Xmas in the form of a dividend.

Tesco are a wunch of bankers.

Sponsored Links
masona said:
salem2000 said:
I think online shopping is a great idea, however when we used this service we de-selected the "replace with alternative" option when ordering But they always put in replacement items. (different brands) Even when we spoke to the manager nothing changed.
You don't have to accept it as they will take it off the bill. The replacement items is on top of the bill so you know straight away.

Yes, that is true.

Then I have to drive to the shop and get the items they've left out, I might as well do the shopping myself. As for better for the enviroment I'm not convinced, if I did it online we then i'd have two vehicles delivering to my house.

While on the subject of shopping, what are peoples opinions on supermarket fruit and Veg?

Salem.

Crafty, I think you dropped your T shirt ;)

cooptshirt.jpg

Crafty said:
They dont rotate stock in my shop - I sometimes wonder if our staff can actually READ

Yeah...how difficult is it to put the smaller numbers in front of the bigger ones??

As proof co-op is better, about 3 years ago, Co-op built and opened a new convenience store about 2 miles from my house. Straight over the road, Tesco decided to get one over and built a Tesco espress in an empty unit. They were both struggling to compete with each other, but the co-op's takings were rising steadily. About 6 months ago, the Tesco express closed down, admitting defeat really. The co-op's takings doubled overnight. :LOL: This is in a relatively poor area, and the co-op has undergone numerous manager changes too, all counting against it really.

They did that in Heaton Moor, a wealthy suburb in Stockport, but unfortunately, the outcome was that the Co-op shut down. :evil:

I hate them.

gcol said:
No Crafty you're biased. ;)
Incidently, Tesco's have just delivered our shopping half an hour ago - squashed buns again....... refunded delivery charge and item cost. :rolleyes:

Tescos get everywhere me ole China :LOL:

we had a delivery from waitrose for the first time the secret is to stick to a list as i think you may get carried away ordering. Like you Gcol our packet of rolls were squashed we got £2 80P credit. wife aint too keen on buying fruit and veg though unless they are in packets

securespark said:
Also stock rotation. Neither of which they do in my local tesco express.

The shop by our depot is great. I don't think I've ever paid for biscuits. Buy a pint of milk and a pack of biccies and then when they declare the pirce say "how much? I thought the biscuits were discounted because they're two months out of date".

Usually results in free biccy's. I mentioned the crap roataion to the manager but he simply replied "We don't have the staff levels to check everything". The fact that I go in for about 3 minutes once a week and manage to find a pack of biscuits that are o-o-d without even trying suggests it probably isn't that hard or time consuming. Doesn't the trained monkey (sorry Crafty) have time to look at the dates when replenishing stock, I seem to recall having to pull the old stuff out before putting the new stuff in when I did freezer stock or pub stock.

salem2000 said:
While on the subject of shopping, what are peoples opinions on supermarket fruit and Veg?
Salem.

Not sure if I can type  ****e  without the filter getting it so I'll just say it starts with sh and ends in ite

They screw UK farmers out of loads of money too.

BoxBasher said:
They screw UK farmers out of loads of money too.
Buy imported veg then.

<runs and hides>

Co-op only sell fairtrade bananas. Cant say fairer than that. :LOL:

we do on-line tesco shopping but had to work out the best days for delivery, used to have it delivered on Fridays but if theres a storm and the ship can't sail the next sailing is Monday and we have had times that even the Monday sailing is postponed due to bad weather and the next sailing is Wednesday!!! fresh food gets runny after too many days, so we went to Mondays so as to cut out the weekends, so the goods are packed Sunday night, taken down to the ship on Monday morning and as long as the tides and weather are right we get them on Tuesday but mostly Wednesday, today there's a gales blowing so our groceries are on board the ship alongside the quay in Penzance,the forecast for the next couple of days is more storms ha ha! Its a great service when it comes together, not delivered to our door but the shed on the end of our quay, if we're lucky we may get it on Thursday probably Friday.
pic of the grocery ship attached
scillonian38thseptemberkm2.jpg

costs the same as you to have it delivered to the ship plus £12 to the shed on our quay, now here is something impressive, empip has traveled on this ship, we fondly call it a sick bucket!!! I go by helicopter ;)

Crafty said:
Co-op only sell fairtrade bananas. Cant say fairer than that. :LOL:

Fairtrade? Paying third world farmers a penny more?

I'd rather see fairtrade in the UK first. Eg Supermarket buyers not charging people to stock their products, and not threatening to pull out of an entire crop purchase just as it is ready in order to lower the price even more (sometimes to below cost).

Sponsored Links
Back