Life of downcut jigsaw blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use a Bosch GST 135 BCE Jigsaw with Bosch T101BR downcut blades for sink/hob cutouts in 38mm MFC worktops.

It normally takes two blades per hole ie the blades don't last long.

Is this normal?

Are there any other longer lasting downcut blades?

Sponsored Links
Chipboard and especially highly compressed as used in worktops will knacker your blades in no time, every time. Probably the only situation where buying more expensive is a false economy.

I get Mickey Mouse Bosch blades from an eBay seller, works out about 20p each, they do the job.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I used Makita blades on my worktop. In total it took three blades to do the sink and hob cut out.

Chipboard and especially highly compressed as used in worktops will knacker your blades in no time, every time. Probably the only situation where buying more expensive is a false economy.

I get Mickey Mouse Bosch blades from an eBay seller, works out about 20p each, they do the job.

yep i have used albany pets that deluks mentioned would rate there blades at around 80% as good as the bosch although they dont make it very clear they are generic rather than the real thing but when you get 3 for the price off one they are ideal for general ripping and cutting :D

and yes 1 blade per 1m in worktop

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back