Downcut jigsaw blade for worktop cut-outs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, just had a look in B&Q this morning for a downcut jigsaw blade for my worktop cut outs.

Found what I needed but the packaging states it could cut up to 30mm depth. My worktop is 40mm....

Is there another blade that will cut deeper? I assume there must be as obviously other people must manage to cut 40mm worktops with a jigsaw.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
T101BR is the downcut blade that most tradesmen use.

Either that, or T308B which gives a clean finish on both sides.

Oh, and don't buy them from B&Q - they'll charge you full list price!

assuming its for a surface mounted sink or hob you can use a bosch 101b or d the odd 1mm off chipping you get will be easily coverd by the overlap

and if you decide to cut from underneath for any reason "TURN THE PENDULUM ACTION OFF" ;)

Sponsored Links
its worth while trying the T144DP which even though its a coarse tooth gives a suprsingly good cut and being a thick blade doesnt tend to wander or flex

Or use a festool jigsaw and no need for special blades.

A zero clearance transparent splinter guard is inserted in a few seconds and clean cuts on both sides.

Or use a festool jigsaw and no need for special blades.

A zero clearance transparent splinter guard is inserted in a few seconds and clean cuts on both sides.

bored and digging up old posts ??
or has a "reviving "spam post been removed :D

Think it was mentioned on woodwork recently but couldn't find the post.
So I thought I'd drag this one up. :LOL:
Bosch are now supplying a splinter guard with their jig saws but not as a consumable afaik and it has the slot for the blade already cut.

With festool you insert the splinter guard with the machine running so it cuts exactly to the width of the particular blade in use.

Think it was mentioned on woodwork recently but couldn't find the post.
So I thought I'd drag this one up. :LOL:
Bosch are now supplying a splinter guard with their jig saws but not as a consumable afaik and it has the slot for the blade already cut.

With festool you insert the splinter guard with the machine running so it cuts exactly to the width of the particular blade in use.

Bosch have been supplying splinter guards with jigsaws for at least 25 years AFAIK. Far as I remember they work quite well. An ebay or similar search will show them available in packs of 5.

Bosch T101BRF
for worktops up to 45mm deep.
+1 on that. The T101BRF works better than the T101BR

Bosch has supplied consumable splinter guards for their jigsaws for about 25 or 30 years to my knowledge and whilst they are pre-cut they are still quite tight (at least the last ones I had were - with the right blade and orbit setting I rarely need them)

you can get cheapo down-cut blades off ebay for pennies. I was using one to cut up old worktop today. Made around twenty cuts so far - still sharp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back