Lifting carpet and putting it back

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This should be quite a easy question to answer but I confess I don't know much about carpet and I need to get access to the floor below to chase some new cables for new downlights.

I've used the other method whereby all the cable chasing is done from the ceiling side in some rooms but I'm a bit concerned about this particular room as for one thing the ceiling is slightly textured and I have found asbestos textured coatings in other parts of the house which I choose to carefully remove instead of plaster over the top - and happy I did this.

I also don't know how to patch repair textured coatings so another reason to avoid this option.

Question is : how does one go about lifting carpet in a way that does not cause damage or ripping ? And what is the easiest way to fit it back ? I have no carpet tools. I am considering the option of removing the carpet and then having a fitter refit it depending on how difficult/costly it is to do myself.

Thanks for any information.
Hawk

Sponsored Links
You need a carpet kicker to put the carpet back, to stretch the carpet back to the grippers.

Just pay a little bit of cash to a carpet fitter, won't be much.

Depends how much you take up , I find I can lift corners or a square metre of so and have it tuck back without problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back