Light fitting but stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have enclosed a photo do I join the 2 red wires together to my live fitting on my light fitting as I assume they are live live switch just a bit unsure

Attachments

• 386DD032-749D-4F4D-9857-6E9AFC7FCA78.jpeg
    386DD032-749D-4F4D-9857-6E9AFC7FCA78.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 126
Sponsored Links
the red in the single connector block is the switched live so that goes to the live connection on the light fitting the two blues are the neutrals and they should both be connected to the neutral connection in the ligt fitting, the green/yellow are the earths and they should be connected to the earth connection on the light fitting(assuming it has an earth connection of course) if not just connect them together and finally the two browns and the red should be connected together and seperate from the light fitting connections

Sponsored Links
So you saying the 2 browns and the red cable I should connect them all together ? In one connector block?

And the neutrals put them all in same connector block too.

so your left with 1 red is the switch live. That’s goes to the live on the light fitting

The 3 cables red and 2 brown join them all together in a single block

and the neutrals do I put both cables together in a connection block and join the neutral from the light so 3 neutrals in a single block

Yes, that would be ok.

You can do what you propose with the neutrals.

Or just wire the two neutrals directly to light if long enough.

Either will do.

Remembering, of course, that the junctions must be enclosed in a suitable enclosure. Not just pushed up into the ceiling void without any protection.

one of THESE would do the job.

I followed what people explained how to wire it up it still won’t work

Show us a picture of the wiring connections you have made.
Have you blown any fuses ,or tripped any MCB whilst attempting to wire up the light ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back