Light switch position

No, the doors all open into my rooms. That door opens out, so the switch would be perhaps on the same wall, but outside the door if that would work?
Ah, this thread is about switch position for a door opening out. Actually all about a building extention and where the switch should be.

the switch the same side as the door should of course be lock side but as I mentioned before my daughter had one on the hinge side and it didn't seem to be an issue.

Sponsored Links
Ah, this thread is about switch position for a door opening out. Actually all about a building extention and where the switch should be.
As I recently wrote, it's not so much a question of whether the door 'opens in' or 'opens out' (not the least because that will be different when going in the two directions in the case of a door between two rooms!) but, rather, what side of the wall the switch is on relative to the way in which the door opens - as you go on to say ...
the switch the same side as the door should of course be lock side
Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back