Light Switch Project (need advice please)

Providing the earth loop impedance is low enough at that point of supply, which you don't have the equipment to test it with anyway. :eek:

i do have the equipment to test this, a Fluke 1632

Sponsored Links
as i stay in a flat

Zorgan are you the owner of this flat or are you making someone elses electrics unsafe?

Get an electrician - even if there was a fault with the original cable you'd be surprised how resourceful electricians are at replacing cable without destroying a property.

I have booked an electrician for a quotation tomorrow, he is charging £28 for advice which i am happy to pay him for the correct advice i told him.

btw anyone ever used WAGO connector blocks? and if so how safe are they to use? somebody else i spoke too was talking about jellies?? instead of connector blocks?? what are these?? they said they are newer technology than connector blocks, personally never heard of them before, anyone here heard of them?

and don`t worry this is my own home, i would not work on anyone else electrics unless i was registered, i think it`s select registered here in Scotland if i am correct?

btw anyone ever used WAGO connector blocks? and if so how safe are they to use? somebody else i spoke too was talking about jellies?? instead of connector blocks?? what are these?? they said they are newer technology than connector blocks, personally never heard of them before, anyone here heard of them?
Not used WAGO blocks but I believe part of the idea of them was to try and get round the requirement in the regs of having all connections visible for inspection. Unfortunately they don't do this anyway as junction boxes have to be visible for inspection, WAGO or the usual type.

Hope i've not stirred up that old argument again... :LOL:

And you definatly shouldn't ever use jellies on mains wiring :eek:

What is this Fluke 1632 you mention? The fluke website, and the internet have never heard of it :confused:

Sponsored Links
Not used WAGO blocks but I believe part of the idea of them was to try and get round the requirement in the regs of having all connections visible for inspection. Unfortunately they don't do this anyway as junction boxes have to be visible for inspection, WAGO or the usual type.

Hope i've not stirred up that old argument again... :LOL:

aaah yes the shed guy was on about having things open for inspection too and i did think what about WAGO blocks at the time, what about junction boxes which are under floor boards? this is also an issue, it must be a junction box which is surface mounted onto a wall, kinda would look stupid in a bedroom this is all im thinking....

using the fused spur to the right instead with a 5 amp fuse
So you took L/N/E to the light switch.

Then what?

i doubt very much there will be a fire mate.
Cables with a current carrying capacity less than the rating of the fuse/MCB "protecting" them are a fire risk, and that's what you've got until you repair the ring.

Fluke 1652
Strange that you should own several £'00 worth of professional test equipment what you are clueless about electrical work...

it must be a junction box which is surface mounted onto a wall, kinda would look stupid in a bedroom this is all im thinking....
Why? Would a flush white blank plate over a single metal backbox cause a problem? You could even spray it the same colour as the wall!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back