Lighting circuit not working!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I have wired an led driver to my kitchen cabinet lights and was making some last minute adjustments with the power on, when the live and neutral wires slipped out of the driver and touched each other. All of the downstairs lights went off and won’t come on again. The upstairs lights and power sockets are still working. Any ideas what the problem may be please? Btw, the garage light still works and that shares the same fuse on the RGB with the lights that won’t work.

Sponsored Links
What is an RGB ?
Do you have a fuse board ,or a consumer unit with circuit breakers ?
Is there a fused connection unit which supplies the kitchen cabinet lights ?

Hi Terry, I have a fused consumer unit. I thought it was called an RGB?

Sponsored Links
Either the fuse in the fuse box or circuit breaker has gone, or there was a dodgy connection elsewhere that's caused it to lose continuity while leaving the garage still active (garage may be spurred off at the cu). Another option is there's a fuse elsewhere although that seems unlikely.
If you're not confident you'd need an electrician to help.

It was a cheap, flimsy driver where the wires were just pushed in and then a click of the tiny, flimsy plastic buttons to close them in.

The same switch at the circuit breaker switches on the garage and house lights.

I will check all the other light fittings for a loose wire before I do anything else. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back