Lighting Design Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

After a bit of lighting advice:

I'm redoing the lighting for the box room in my house. Room is about 2.5mx3.5m and is currently lit by 6 x 4w LED down lights.

I want something really smart (no I do not want CFL down lights)

I wanted to go with this:

or the square version

As these look like the dogs danglies and are really bright so would easily light the room, however the joists run down the length of the room (600mm centres AFAIK) so really limits my central light choice.

What I'm thinking so far is a central pendant of some sort, and then retaining the 4 exisiting spots and replacing with wall washers / adjustable spots just to add a bit of ambience / fill in any dark areas from the central light.

Thoughts? I considered putting 2 x recessed multiples either side of the joist but think that will look a bit naff.

Don't really fancy the expense of putting a false ceiling in just to fit a recessed central light (could just hack a bit out of the joist ;) )

Anybody got any advice that doesn't involves CFL? I'm all about LED or full blown Halogen

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back