Lighting master switch

Indeed it does, but few people (probably not even BAS) are perfect so, if it is fairly easily done (with minimal cost, in the widest sense), it probably makes sense to implement things which either over-ride or remind them about their 'oversights'.

One also has to consider what one regards as 'waste'. If we were prepared to wear 'outdoor clothes' in our homes and retire to our beds throughout the hours of darkness etc. etc., we could dramatically reduce 'wastage' of energy on lighting and heating our homes - but I don't think that many of us would want to do such things.

Kind Regards, John

Leaving lights on when no one is in the room - waste.
TV on and no one watching it - WASTE.
Excessive amount of tomato sauce on dinner plate - WASTE.
Bread not being eaten and not put in freezer - WASTE.

Sponsored Links
Let's suppose I turn off the landing light an hour early for a year (and hope I don't fall down the stairs).

8 watts LED globe

1 hour x 365 days

my price is Standard energy xxxkWh at 11.46p

What can I buy with the money in a year's time?

Certainly not a photocell or a timer.

33 pence.

Let's suppose I turn off the landing light an hour early for a year (and hope I don't fall down the stairs).
Do we deduce from that you have your lights on by time rather than when needed?
I see why you can't understand the concept.

The OP isn't talking about walking downstairs in the dark to save money.
He wants to ensure all lights are off when everyone goes out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back