Lighting Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick query...

I'm replacing the lights in my kitchen, there are two lights (one at each end of the room), and they are operated by 2 switches, one by the back door, one by the living room (the lights are not independent of each other, they are either both on or both off).

I know how to replace a light, no problems. I just want to check that there is no reason that I will find anything untowards in the way of wiring compared to swapping a normal one light/one switch affair.

If so, what should I find!

Thanks in advance

Paul

Sponsored Links
You might, it depends on what mood the installer was in on the day that they installed it as to what wiring method was used.

shouldn`t pose a problem as long as you keep the wires the same they`ll either be switched via a junction box or via the ceiling rose`s

if it`s a junction box you`ll have less wires in the ceiling rose and it will be simpler

to check un-screw the ceiling rose and investigate take a picture :eek: or explain what you see either way as long as you keep all the wires the same you should be o.k.

Thanks chaps, I just wanted a rough idea before i got stuck in. If i get to it and i'm unsure i'll post a pic for further advice!

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you also mark the cables and take a picture

Thanks breezer, I always make a diagram now after the great light wiring debacle of 2001, but thats another story altogether! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back