lighting with 4 wires including YELLOW????

Sponsored Links
I know its a long shot, but how was it wired before?

Before what!!

And "the usual 3 temrinals"? Most light fittings have 4 terminals.

No they don't, they have two or three.

jerkit5.gif

Sponsored Links
I assume then he must be talking some sort of yorkshire language that only you (being a yorkshireman) can understand.

Can you give me a translation? Not kidding - can you do that?

Cos I havent a clue as to what his question is or what his problem is.

Somebody in this conversation is a complete idiot and I'm certain its not me, so that leaves steve or gavin.

There's absolutely no need to be so rude. Not content with calling gavin a moron you've now included steve in the abuse. No doubt you will abuse me too. How very sad that you stoop so low.

That said, I think gavin's abuse was also unneccesary.

I think it perfectly reasonable to say that if you don't understand what's going on while everyone else here does, that makes you the odd one out.

Consequently, save your blood pressure from rising and take a spectator's seat, leaving others who want to help to post advice.

Really, being RC like Ban does not suit you at all.

I shall translate the original post just for you holmslaw..

I am changing a light fitting and have come accross a problem.
I took down the original fitting and didn't make a note of where the wires went.
I now have 4 wires hanging out of the ceiling. A red, a dark colour that I think is black ( it's dark with the lights out ), a yellow and an earth wire.
The new fitting only has terminals for Live, Neutral and Earth.
I would be most appreciative of some help in determining which of the wires go to which terminal.

most of the above was only implied by the original post but the gist of it was there for those of us who bothered to read it..

we need to see pictures to help more..

i'm new to the site- appoligies if i'm a bit slow on how to use website, hopefully we can all pass advise unlike idiots from russia called holmslaw

He's not from Russia, his IP puts him in UK.

Holmslaw is not an idiot, but now and again he is a bit lippy. Just ignore the windups and wait for a sensible answer.

How do you find someones IP?

I shall translate the original post just for you holmslaw..

I am changing a light fitting and have come accross a problem.
I took down the original fitting and didn't make a note of where the wires went.
I now have 4 wires hanging out of the ceiling. A red, a dark colour that I think is black ( it's dark with the lights out ), a yellow and an earth wire.
The new fitting only has terminals for Live, Neutral and Earth.
I would be most appreciative of some help in determining which of the wires go to which terminal.

most of the above was only implied by the original post but the gist of it was there for those of us who bothered to read it..

we need to see pictures to help more..
Col, he still wont understand, theres no question mark to imply a question.

Spark123, your IP adress is recorded by the forum software each time you post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back