Lights on !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was just wondering about this new eu legislation supposedly being enforced in a few years where everyone will be driving around with their lights on.
I think new cars will have their light wired with the ignition. Dips presumably or perhaps its just side lights . :confused:

Anyway what about existing vehicles ?.
Will they have to be modified or is it a case of just turning on the lights and in the case of the former who pays for the modification and in the case of the latter , what happens if I forget to turn them on ?.

I think reducing the speed limits would save more lives than this baloney tbh and also would save more fuel. :D
But at the end of the day if my masters over in eu land say I must have my lights turned on during daylight hours then I will duly comply.
I think it will put motorcyclists in more danger though. :(

Sponsored Links
Anything that is proposed by that crooked, corrupt, eu shower in Brussels is another example of un-elected foreign politicians, poking their (trough) noses, telling "us" what to do in "our own country". They should mind their own business.

Roughcaster.

Anything that is proposed by that crooked eu shower in Brussels is another example of un-elected foreign politicians, poking their (trough) noses, telling "us" what to do in "our own country". They should mind their own business.

Roughcaster.

I do hate it when people won't speak their mind and just sit on the fence :LOL:

P.S. I agree 100%

I'm afraid I have to disagree.
After driving a white coloured car for 2 years I didn't think there was a problem until I got a black coloured car. Suddenly I noticed more people pulling out in front of me. So, I drive with my lights on.

What really pi$$es me off immensly though are people who do not put their lights on in fog or heavy precipitation :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sponsored Links
I am not against anything to do with safety on the road. I drive with my lights on at times during the day as you do,,,, that is our "choice". The issue here is about "us", being dictated to, and ordered about by, unelected, unaccountable, immovable, mostly foreign politicians, for whom "we" did not vote.

Roughcaster.

I ve drove with sidelights on for years and believe it to be safer, it's easier to see/notice motorbikes with lights on?

Volvo have done this for many years 20 plus? and heard quiet a while back, they stood by statistics they held, that fewer vehicles were involved in certain accidents, I don't like being told what to wear, but, i agree in this instance.

I love you Libby Lou Lou !!!! you turn my lights on all the time..... Mwaaahhhh..... but Shhhh..... Don't tell anybody. ;) ;)

Roughcaster.

Just what we need in these ECO friendly times.

An EU ruling which will cause everyone to use more fuel, energy saving at its best....... :rolleyes:

Just what we need in these ECO friendly times.

An EU ruling which will cause everyone to use more fuel, energy saving at its best....... :rolleyes:

not only that but it will probably be sidelights, an even bigger waste of energy as they are totally ineffective at any time of the day.

i can only think of one instance where sidelights are acceptable for use, i think they should be done away with altogether to stop the morons driving arounnd at night with them on.

I drive with my headlights on more now, than i used to. I have a different car. IMO, certain cars look better with their headlights on. I had a fiesta, which is a car which earns very little "credibility" on the road. I now have a C4, which i feel more confident in.

Anyway, I used to have a fiat punto, which turned the lights off for you when you turned off the ignition. If you wished to leave the sidelights on for safety or whatever, you turned the ignition beyond "off" to a "park" setting, which left the sidelights on. The key could be removed in either of OFF and PARK. It meant the driver could theoretically just leave the lights switched on permenant, since the ignition turned them off.

My current car has a stupid feature, "economy mode". Basically, if you leave anything turned on in the car - radio, lights, anything, after half an hour, the computer turns EVERYTHING OFF, including all the displays. It basically kills everything until you crank the engine. Seriously. Nothing even comes on on the first ignition point, you have to actually start the engine. Bonkers.

hmm those french lads aren't just the best car builders.

Jeremy Clarkson said a year or two ago, "you can either buy a good car, or a French car". :LOL:

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Back