LightSys2: Installation and Programming Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just taken over a LightSys2 panel at a farm that has never been commissioned so I assume nothing is correctly installed.
I connected it to the Configuration Software (4.1.0.008) and kept getting Thai? labels as default even though English UK is selected on both panel and software. Previously posted about another strange issue as well. Decided it was corrupted and ordered a new LightSys2 panel from Risco and fitted it.
Labels ok now and set about programming it.

Devices Installed:
IP Module
3 Keypads
Metal enclosure with Zone Expander (8) and 4A Power Supply in Remote Building.

All installed correctly and communication is 100% with the panel.

3 Magnetic door detectors on zones 1,2,3 and 4 iWise RK815DTG3 bus detectors in main building.
3 Magnetic door detectors on zones 9,10,11 and 1 iWise RK815DTG3 bus detector in remote building.

Inspected door detectors and 4.7K and 6.8K resistors used. DEOL termination of 4.7k and 6.8k set on both main panel and expander panel.
iWise RK815DTG3 unit jumpers set to 4.7K and 6.8K and dip switches set for sequential numbering 1, 2, 3.........

The result:
Zone status of 1,2,3 and 9,10,11 shows "Ready" and if any door is open it reverts to "Not Ready" as expected
Resistance sensed by panel for zones 1,2,3,9,10 and 11 all 4.7K when closed and 11.5K when open.
System is not seeing the 5 iWise RK815DTG3 bus detectors at all.

When the alarm is set, opening any door does not trigger an alarm also, alarm will set with doors open.

It is a new board so it must be a programming or wiring/resistance issue, basically finger trouble on my part. Had to leave it and will go back but I am clearly missing something obvious and hoped a fresh pair of eyes would throw a few ideas at me to solve this.

I could call David or Chris at Risco Tech but they prefer chatting, I think it best to initially list the whole setup as above and see if there is an obvious solution and if not, I will contact the tech team.

Kind regards

Stew

Sponsored Links
Unless you are fully conversant with that system I'd run a mile from it :LOL: I always hated Risco. Good quality kit but not for the casual user imo. Maybe the doors are not programmed for the correct area?

Bus detectors haven’t used.

do any of the devices walk test?

If a device doesn’t trigger an alarm or tamper then usually the zone isn’t programmed as the correct zone type, assigned to the correct area/ partition.

What is the sequence of events recoded in the event log when system is set/ unset and devices activated?

Very many thanks for the above response.

The first issue regarding the iWise RK815DTG3 detectors not showing up on the bus was an easy fix. I looked at the wiring and they had been wired to the bus but when I opened the detectors it was obvious that they were not "bus" detectors. I swopped the yellow and green to zone terminals, set the resistance jumpers and all good.

The issue with the other detectors was the placement of the resistors in the door detectors so another easy fix and now all good.

A programming query. There is a final exit house door and also a garage door that is sometimes the last door to be open at setting, the house door is programmed as Exit (OP) /Entry 1 and the garage Exit (OP) /Entry 2. The timer for the house door set at (Exit/Entry 1) 15 sec and 10 secs respectively. The garage door is set at an adjacent keypad with a fob from a car window on exit and the door closed automatically after exiting. The timer for that (Exit/Entry 2) is 45secs and 60secs respectively. Whenever the alarm is set from either the house or garage the timers default to the longest times (Exit/Entry 2).
Would anyone care to suggest how this should be set up to get the shorter times set for (Exit/Entry 1) and is Exit (OP) /Entry 1/2 the correct TYPE setting?

Kind regards

Stew

Sponsored Links
Look at timers section of manual, 11 being timers and then you should be able to select and change the times accordingly.

as for the correct zone type what do you need each one to achieve House/ Garage

Many thanks for that but as I mentioned the entry/exit times were specifically set for Entry/Exit 1 and Entry/Exit 2 and completely different, the garage Entry/Exit 2 being 45 secs as opposed to 15 secs for the house door Entry/Exit 1
What I am not seeing is how to program the system so that the delay when leaving at the house door Entry/Exit 1 using adjacent keypad is 15 secs and leaving by the garage door Entry/Exit 2 keypad is 45 secs.
At the moment with my settings, both keypads give you a 45 Sec delay when setting.

If like most panels …eg texecom elite …it’s the entry delay that is …eg open front door …15secs entry ….open garage door ( entry exit 2 ) it’s 45 secs …not sure on the RISCO stuff , if you have contacts on both can’t you use final door set ?

It’s in the manual, that the entry times are set in option 11, 01,02,03 etc etc cover the timers quick keys to change various timers.

e/e1 and and e/e2 covers the entry times, for entry routes 1 and 2.

Final exit is the zone type that requires door to open and close before setting.
think that follows entry 1, cant remeberif there was a final exit 2.

but the 1 and 2 are entry times from memory, but again believe it’s covered in the manual under the same section.

wrt light system, that has partitions and groups and also has an area mode if I recall and usually only used partitions, partition 1 house, partition 2 garage/shed

Very many thanks once again for the input, in response to "secureiam"

It’s in the manual, that the entry times are set in option 11, 01,02,03 etc etc cover the timers quick keys to change various timers.

I have mentioned a couple of times that the Timers for Entry/Exit 1/2 were previously set.

e/e1 and and e/e2 covers the entry times, for entry routes 1 and 2.

House Door - Entry/Exit 1 set to 10 secs Entry/15 secs Exit
Garage
Door - Entry/Exit 2 set to 60 secs Entry/45 secs Exit

Final exit is the zone type that requires door to open and close before setting.
think that follows entry 1, cant remember if there was a final exit 2.

Final Exit type setting on the LightSys2 adopts the timings of Entry/Exit 1, there is no Final Exit 2

but the 1 and 2 are entry times from memory, but again believe it’s covered in the manual under the same section.

I believe that it is indeed only entry times and exit times revert to the longest set time.

wrt light system, that has partitions and groups and also has an area mode if I recall and usually only used partitions, partition 1 house, partition 2 garage/shed

Currently set up as:

Partition 1 - All Zones
Partition 2 - Night Zones
Partition 3 - Outside Sheds

3 keypads installed all attached to Partition 1

The only issue is that when the alarm is set from the keypad next to Entry/Exit 1 (set to 10 secs Entry/15 secs Exit), the alarm setting period defaults to the longer Entry/Exit 2 setting of 45 secs Exit. Entry/Exit 1 house door and Entry/Exit 2 garage door do however give the correct programmed entry delays of 10sec and 60secs respectively.

In conclusion, look like you cannot program a keypad by the house door to set with the Entry/Exit 1 exit time of 10 secs if a programmed Entry/Exit 2 exit time exceeds it as in this case.

I really like the Risco Lightsys Bus System for the very rural farm installations. Just 4 wires needed to connect the panel to the Risco metal enclosures containing the power supplies/zone expansion cards up to 300M away in the sheds.

Once again very many thanks for taking the time to help out here.

Kind regards

Stew

I am unsure.

your system won’t be able to tell an exit time from a zone, as you will start the exit before the zone is activated. It can tell the entry time by a zone being opened , ee1 or ee2.

so if there is a exit 1 and 2 time you would have to either have it on another partition I suspect or select it when setting, which seems overly complicated.

So how do you need this to work?

When I look at your partitions it appears to be

1. All zones house away and stay arms, and other buildings
2. just night zones in the house
3. just the outbuildings

The keypads are assigned to partition 1 and not all three partitions in use.

The way I used to do the agility 3 it would be two partitions, house/ garage

in the house there be a part set option to omit the landing.
garage was a separate set, usually an instant arm.
the keypad would be set to both partitions and could arm partition 1 house, or partition 2 house and part set so the house has the landing zone omitted. Or arm both house and garage.

its been awhile and the light sys is slightly different to the agility.

quickest way is to ask Risco, I would have to know how you wanted it to work and sit down and work it out but wouldn’t be able to test it to make sure I am right In my assumptions.

Very many thanks gain for all the input.

Have really got down into the weeds of the Installation Manual, learnt a lot about the system and always know that all the little issues are just finger trouble and perseverance will overcome them. Reluctant to just give in and call Dave or Chris at Risco as solving these little issues really does get to to the darkest areas of the system and you always learn something new about the system.

One small issue that needs a solution. The panel is currently set up so you get a buzzer (no sounder) for an alarm at Away and Part Set. However, if just one particular partition is set eg Partition 3 (Main Buildings), an alarm trigger brings a visual indication on the keypads but no buzzer. There is clearly an easy solution but not seeing it yet.

Still not got to the bottom of this little issue.

This panel is currently set up with 3 partitions. All zones assigned to their partitions and programmed for a buzzer (no sounder) for Full Set and Part Set, Silent at Unset. Area is set to YES. (Default is NO and always think it should be YES?)

All works fine when alarm is set using Quick Set buttons for either Full Set or Stay, zone alarm triggers both visual on the keypad and the keypad buzzer. However, if just one particular partition is set eg Partition 3 (Main Buildings), a zone alarm trigger brings a visual indication on the keypads but no buzzer?

Basically, when a partition is set individually, you do not get a keypad buzzer on an individual zone alarm trigger, just the correct zone alarm visual on the keypad.. There is clearly an easy solution but still not seeing it yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back