LN reverse in Kitchen

Crushing cables is never good- even if that isn't the source of your woes it definitely needs sorting out.

It's your house. I'd prefer the cable to be out of the way under floorboards if it was at all possible- presumably if he was dropping from upstairs you'd have to do a load of wall chases in the kitchen? Or have you got a nice tall unit you could hide the drop behind. Are the existing sockets fed from below the units (cable in the service void?). Not sure I'd like a load of T & E running near the garage floor- you would be wise to have some mechanical protection on the cable, stuff doesn't take kindly to having bits of metal (garden tools and the like) laid against it.

The kitchen socket on the dining room circuit is a bit shoddy but perfectly legit (as long he isn't spurring off a spur but that's his job to determine). If you do go that route, mark the socket (fed from dining room circuit) so next time anyone does any work they won't be surprised when that one is live with the kitchen MCB off!

Price sounds a bit fruity to me...

Sponsored Links
Not sure what to do now. The walls in the kitchen are plasterboard so would the cables just drop down from upstairs.I might investigate under the floorboards more but dont know where to start looking where if anywhere there would be a break or junction box. If i was to run the cables myself that would save me money what cable would i need to buy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back