load bearing calcs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a steel fitted by a builder who didn't get building control approval. I have had the inspector in who has now approved the fire proofing and the padstone but has asked to see some load calculations to back up the size of the steel. I am an engineerer so I am qualified to put the calcs in myself, but i can't find a formula for calculating the weight of the wall above. There must be a given weight for a square meter of wall with motar and plaster included , so that i can calculation the beam deflection. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is a set figure SEs take it out of a book i also recall seeing something in the past may have been on the building regs site probably under part E or part L as these are to do with insulation and passage of sound and so mass per sqm are probably specified.

Building regs are at www.odpm.gov.uk or alternatively just give a local SE a ring he may just give you the figures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back